Terms & Conditions
Our terms and conditions cover what is included free in your standard install and what happens if we need to quote for extra works. Sometimes issues arise on the day that could mean we can’t complete your installation on the first visit, but if we know about these in advance, we can often resolve them beforehand. So for the best experience, if you think there’s any reason why we might not be able to complete your install on the day, please let us know. We are here to help and want you to be happy.
Bumblebee EV’s standard installation package for an electric vehicle home charge point covers the majority of homes in the UK and includes the following:
- Fitting of a charge point on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
- The EV Charge point must be fixed to the main property and able to utilise the property’s earthing arrangement, (property’s earthing arrangement must meet current regulations – we are required to check this by law).
- Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity distribution board/consumer unit and the
home charge point.
- Surface mounting of cable – i.e. no conduit or chasing.
- RCD protected way on the consumer unit, for connection of the charge point circuit.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, if this is needed.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
- No groundworks.
- The homeowner must comply with all current OLEV Domestic Scheme Ts&Cs.
Some Conditions and Limitations that you need to know:
- The home charge point must be located in your designated off-street parking area and be fixed at a height where it can’t be hit by a vehicle.
- We can’t fix the cable higher than 1.8 metres (6 feet) above the ground. If fixing higher than this is unavoidable then the installation may need to be paused – in that case, we will quote for any extra work needed.
- We can’t, as part of the standard package, trench the cable underground or suspend it above ground – if something like this is required please talk to us so that we can give you a quote in advance. If we find out on the day that we have to cross a garden or a pathway we may need to pause the job and quote for the extra work needed to trench the cable.
- When you are using your charger the EV charging lead must remain on your property and must not create a trip hazard for you or anyone else.
- We can’t run the cable under floorboards or through ducting/ceiling voids/wall voids without a drawcord (to pull the cable through), or if the
floorboards have not been lifted. We can’t take responsibility for reinstating flooring or other building materials after the cable has been laid.
- Our experts are not able to work in crawl spaces, on roofs or in lofts if it is deemed unsafe by them.
- Our experts are not able to work in extreme weather (i.e. flooding or intense rain). If it is not safe to carry on, our expert will do as much as
they can, and we will return at a later date.
- If you have purchased a freestanding mount for the charge point to be fixed on, please be aware that there may be an additional cost for installing this.
Potential Additional Chargeable Items (Domestic & Commercial)
- Domestic cable runs exceeding 10 metres. @ £10 per meter.
- A mini consumer unit c/w overload and fault current protection is required, as there is not enough space on the existing board. @£65.
- Mains protective bonding @£150.
- Any additional mechanical protection required for the cabling, single-phase £20 per meter, three-phase 22kw £40, three-phase 40kw + £60 per meter.
- Any trunking, conduit, etc (not required under regulations); @£5 per meter.
- Any cable chasing/plastering requested by the homeowner; @£50 per meter.
- Any groundworks requested by the homeowner; @ £30 per meter.
- The necessity to introduce an alternative earthing system, ie an electrode/inspection chamber; if PMS add separate earthing £150.
- Any additional or unusual works requested by the homeowner for the installation to take place, ie gas and water pipe bonding, equipment
clearing, plumbing work etc. @POA.
- Ground Mount of the home charge/work charge point; POA.
What happens if we that your existing wiring isn’t up to scratch?
- Bumblebee EV follow Standard Regulations and guidelines on Electric Vehicle installations.
- If we can’t install in line with these rules, then your installation will be paused, and we will quote for the work needed to meet the required
- If the existing electrical arrangements at the property are not in line with these rules or there is something else that makes it unsafe for us to
install, then we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards.
What happens if your electrical supply is inadequate?
- We can only complete the job if the electrical capacity (i.e. main fuse) can support the additional electrical demands of the charge point. If the capacity is not enough, we might be able to de-rate the unit or we may have to pause the job until your main fuse is upgraded by your electricity supplier.
- We allocate two hours for standard installations. If we can’t complete on the day because of supply related problems or unexpected extra works then we will reschedule an installation date once the additional works are complete or our quotation for the work has been accepted.
- If required, your installation project manager or Bumblebee EV Expert will detail required works and provide a no-obligation quotation for these
services. Quotations are valid for a period of 90 days once issued.
- If it is determined that installation cannot be completed on the day, Bumblebee EV will quote for additional works, and new installation date
will be given once payment has been made. Please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
- If your Bumblebee EV Expert suspects that the installation will not comply with the OLEV grant requirements (see OLEV terms and conditions below), your installation will be paused. Should you disagree with that assessment, you will be given an opportunity to contest this by providing Bumblebee EV with information to state your case to the government, which we can then pass on to the DVLA/OLEV for pre-approval. Should Bumblebee EV receive approval to proceed, a new installation date will be given, please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
- The owner/customer or a responsible adult of the age of 18 years or over needs to be present on-site for the ensure duration of the install.
- Most of Bumblebee EV home charge points are covered by a comprehensive 36-month warranty. Any hardware failure should be promptly reported to us. Please quote the serial number, the date of installation and a brief description of the fault. The Bumblebee EV technical team will carry out an assessment and will contact you to get further details and if necessary, arrange a service visit. The warranty will be void if the Bumblebee EV unit is opened, modified, tampered with or repair is attempted by anyone other than a Bumblebee EV appointed electrician.
Limitation of Liability:
- In no event will Bumblebee EV accept any liability for any loss, costs or damage consequential to the use and/or misuse of our hardware products except where this is caused by our negligence.
Home Charge Grant for Electric Car Charging:
- The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) provides a grant for EV drivers to have a charge point installed at their home. Bumblebee EV will process and manage the application in order to claim the grant for you. The grant is subject to several terms and conditions, a summary of which is provided here:
Summary of OLEV Terms & Conditions:
- Residents must provide evidence of being the registered keeper or lessee or be named as the primary user of an eligible EV or plug-in vehicle in order to be able to claim the grant.
- Only one claim per vehicle can be made, even if you own more than one home. However, a single customer can claim one charging point per vehicle, for up to two vehicles.
- A list of qualifying electric vehicles is maintained at: https://www.gov.uk/plug-in-car.
- The grant is only applicable for residential addresses with designated private off-street parking.
- If you are not the property owner and freeholder of the building, signed written permission and a proof of address from the appropriate owner
or management company must be obtained prior to installation of the charge point.
- Any area where the installation of a charge point may affect another property owner, written permission and a proof of address from the
appropriate owners must be obtained prior to installation of the charge point.
- If you are the property owner and freeholder of a listed building, Bumblebee EV requires listed consent from the local planning authority before installation can take place.
- Full details of the grant terms and conditions are available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/. Customers who require additional
information, or have any queries on the grant process should contact OLEV directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BumbleBee EV Limited
Suite 9, Arx House, James Watt Avenue, East Kilbride, G75 0QD
REG No: SC637826
Tel: 0333 050 9863