Coronavirus is impacting our day-to-day lives for now and the foreseeable future. As a result, Bumblebee EV has implemented its business continuity plans, so we can keep things running as smooth as possible in these difficult circumstances.
The health and safety of our customers, office staff and engineers are our main priority. Below you will find details of our business continuity plan and how our operations may be affected as we follow Government advice.
What has changed?
Our site surveys are all conducted remotely, so these can still take place as normal meaning you can still get a quote quickly, easily and from the comfort of your own home. For the most part, your experience as a customer will largely be the same although there could be some delays to your installation (see below for further details).
In order to keep Bumblebee EV and our engineers operational, but in line with Government
advice, we have made some changes including:
- Office staff are working remotely where possible
- All employees are practising social distancing to limit risk of transmission
- We will postpone appointments for customers who are: Over 65, Identified as ‘at risk’ and in self-isolation
Will my Installation still go ahead?
If you are not in the categories listed above, then your installation should still go ahead as planned. However, cancellations or postponements could occur if engineer availability changes or if we deem it unsafe for our engineers to visit.
What safety measures are you putting in place?
Bumblebee EV is taking the Coronavirus outbreak extremely seriously and following Government advice. We have implemented additional precautions to help ensure the safety of our staff and our customers:
- Pre-screening – our planning and booking team will ask you a few questions to check your wellbeing before booking your installation.
- We will also contact you to check your wellbeing 24 hours prior to the appointment. If you have had any symptoms, please inform us.
- Engineers are following strict social distancing guidelines and will only attend jobs where customers have been pre-screened by our booking team.
- Engineers will wash their hands thoroughly before and after each visit.
- Engineers will always maintain social distancing during an installation. Please keep your distance while they are completing your installation.
- Engineers that are unwell or have symptoms or members of their household have symptoms will not be deployed and will instead self-isolate.
Impact to Customer Service
Where is my installation quote?
Our customer service teams are working from home so there will be no impact here, we are quoting as normal, please contact us on 0333 050 9863 or firstname.lastname@example.org
When will I get my installation date?
As above, we will endeavour to give you an installation date as soon as possible once your OLEV Grant application is complete, your DNO has approved the installation, and your charger has arrived.
Bumblebee EV will continue to follow Government advice during the Coronavirus outbreak. This may mean that members of office staff or engineers become unavailable if they need to self-isolate or fall ill, so we expect that some existing appointments may need to be cancelled or postponed.
Will my OLEV or EST Grant application be affected?
No, again we provide a remote service for completion of the OLEV applications – we can happily take you through this from the comfort of your own home. Once we provide you with a quote you can upload as normal to the EST online.
Thanks for your understanding and continued support during these challenging times. If you have any questions or concerns, please do get in touch with our office support team – 0333 050 9863.