Finding electric vehicle (EV) chargepoints in the UK has never been easier. With the growth of EVs, the number of charging stations has also increased, making it convenient for drivers to charge their vehicles on the go. In this post, we’ll look at the best ways to find EV chargepoints near you in the UK.
- Use an EV Charging Station locator app: There are several apps available that allow you to search for EV chargepoints near you. The most popular ones include Zap-Map, ChargePlace Scotland and PlugShare. Simply enter your location and the app will show you a map of all the available chargepoints in the area.
- Check with your car manufacturer: Most car manufacturers have a website or app that shows you the locations of charging stations. Some even offer their own charging networks, making it easier to find a charging point.
- Use the government website: The UK government has a website dedicated to EV charging. You can search for charging stations by postcode, town or city. The website also provides information on the types of charging stations, the cost of charging and the availability of charging bays.
- Use navigation systems: Many modern EVs come with navigation systems that allow you to find charging stations on the go. The navigation system will show you the closest charging points and provide directions on how to get there.
- Ask for recommendations: If you’re a member of an EV owners’ group, you can ask for recommendations on the best charging stations in your area. You can also ask friends and family who own EVs for recommendations.
In conclusion, finding an EV chargepoint in the UK has never been easier. Whether you use an app, a website, a navigation system or ask for recommendations, you’re sure to find a charging station near you. With the growth of EVs, the charging infrastructure will only continue to improve, making it easier for drivers to keep their vehicles charged on the go.